The Interdisciplinary Center for Applied Technology (ICAT) provides learning experiences for business, computer science, and liberal arts students to engage in technology entrepreneurship using lean-startup methodology and the Scrum framework. ICAT is housed in the School of Business' Center for Entrepreneurship and is a collaboration with the Office of Economic Development.
The ICAT MISSION is to provide an experiential and transformational learning opportunity for students who are eager to engage in technological, entrepreneurial and creative activities.
ICAT Accelerator Benefits
Start up a new business with two teammates. Teams include one business major, one computer science major and one liberal arts major. The benefits of ICAT include:
- Gain real business experience and earn 6 credits in the process
- Win up to $10,000 on ICAT's Demo Day
- Work with two top Mentors per team
- Open access to the ICAT accelerator room (Beatty 120) with work space, beverages and snacks
- ICAT Accelerator (fall and spring semesters)
- ICAT Global Estonia (Summer 1)
- ICAT Academy San Francisco (Maymester)